THERE ARE THREE QUALIFIERS FOR MEMBERSHIP IN THE VFW, AS SET OUT IN OUR BYLAWS. AN INDIVIDUAL MUST MEET ALL THREE IN ORDER TO BECOME A MEMBER. THEY ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Citizenship – must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. National.
- Honorable Service – must have served in the Armed Forces of the United States and either received a discharge of Honorable or General (Under Honorable Conditions) or be currently serving.
- Service in a war, campaign, or expedition on foreign soil or in hostile waters. This can be proven by any of the following:
- An authorized campaign medal (see other side for a list of qualifying medals and badges)
- Receipt of Hostile Fire Pay or Imminent Danger Pay (verified by a military pay statement)
- Service in Korea for 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days
Read More About the Requirements …. Click here to download document..